|Semester||2nd semester (spring)|
|Study programme:||Business studies|
The course will be conducted in the Slovene language and is an electice course in accordance with an officially approved curriculum in the undergraduate program Business Studies.
Prerequisites for inclusion in the course work
Students must have sufficient knowledge of the Slovenian language to communicate with lecturers and students to be able to follow the lecture and to understand the study materials.
To gain basic knowledge of information technology for its advanced use in the business environment.
- Ability to use information technology for information retrieval, communication and cooperation;
- Ability to review, select and use information technology to study and solve problems at the workplace;
- Ability to understand the development of information technology in business environments;
- Ability to understand the importance of using information technology to increase the organization's strategic advantage in a global environment;
- Ability to understand the safe use of information technology and how to protect information systems and resources in an organization;
- Ability to understand interdisciplinarity, including the possibilities of connecting information technology;
- Ability to understand the basics of electronic commerce from an infrastructure, organizational, business and legal-ethical point of view.
After passing the exam, the student will:
Contents of the course
- able to define the basic concepts of business informatics;
- able to explain the impact of the development of information technology on the individual and the organization;
- understand the importance of information technology to gain competitive advantage of the organization;
- able to identify the basic information infrastructure on a case-by-case basis
- to identify different information solutions;
- able to find suitable information infrastructure providers and solutions and assess their usefulness;
- able to monitor the development trends in the field of information technology;
- understand the connection of business processes with the processes of digitalisation of operations;
- able to define basic concepts in the field of databases, their entities and attributes and relations,
- able to define the basic concepts of e-commerce, e-payment;
- understand the ethical, security and legal aspects of the use of information technology;
- able to define basic concepts in the field of information resource management and business intelligence;
- able to use the selected office software.
Forms and methods of work
- Information infrastructure and information systems in a modern organization;
- Digitalisation of business processes;
- Management of databases and information sources;
- Business Intelligence;
- Basics of e-business;
- Legal, ethical and security aspects of information technology.
Evaluation system and criteria
- Front lecture;
- Presentation of seminar work;
- Presentation of guests from practice;
- Other work (study visit, consultations related to preparation of seminar work).
- Knowledge testing consists of: seminar work (40%), evaluation of the coursework (20%) and written examination (40%);
- Regardless of the calculation considering the individual shares, the overall positive assessment must first be a positive evaluation of the final examination.
- Selected papers and articles
- Use of websites
- Transparency from lectures
- Before and after lectures
- Individually scheduled