|Semester||1st semester (autumn)|
|Study programme:||Business studies (Undergraduate)|
The course will be carried out in the Slovene language and is an required course in accordance with the officially approved curriculum of the Undergraduate Degree Program in Business Studies.
Students must have a sufficient general knowledge, an adequate vocabulary and knowledge of Slovene language to be able to follow and communicate with the lecturer and other students, to understand the study materials and to be capable of preparing practical exercises and seminar papers.
Students must know and understand the structure of the state organization and the conditions of public coexistence with which they will find themselves in the exercise of their business profession.
Students will be able to understand the constitutional conditions and the political proceses.
When he/she has passed the examination, the student will be able to identify and evaluate the basic trends of our state and constitutional organization and understand the subsequent political processes.
1. Definition of state. Concept. History. Evolution.
2. Elements of state: territory, population, power.
3. Sovereignty. Centralization, decentralization.
4. Power and territory. Federation, confederation, centralism, regionalism.
5. Power and population: democracy, autoritarism, totalitarism.
6. Purpose of the state. Common good (Bonum commune).
7. State and law. Rule of law.
8. The organization of state. The constitutions.
9. Political parties. Power groups (internal and external). Pressure factors. Public opinion.
10. The state of Republic of Slovenia. Organization.
Teaching and learning activities
Types of work
- Teacher explanations
- Conversation / debate
- Presentation of seminar papers
- Study of cases
- Project work for an external subscriber
Lectures given directly by the lecturer. Individual and independent work of students.
Evaluation systems and criteria
The evaluation system consists of two elements: 1) Seminar work (50% of the grade); 2) Colloquium (50% of the grade).
Teaching and learning material
- Pitamic, Leonid.2009. Država. Ljubljana: GV Založba.
- Frad, Franc – Kaučič, Igor. 1997.Ustavno pravo Slovenije. Ljubljana: Ministrstvo za notranje zadeve. Visoka policijsko-varnostna šola.
- Cerar, Miro – Novak, Aleš – Pavčnik, Marijan – Perenič, Anton. Praktikum za uvod v pravoznanstvo.1998. Ljubljana: Založba ČZ Uradni list RS.
- Pavčnik, Marijan – Cerar, Miro – Novak, Aleš. 2006. Uvod v pravoznanstvo. Ljubljana: Založba Uradni list.
- Pavčnik, Marijan. 2009. Pravna država. Ljubljana: GV Založba.
- Before and after the lectures
- By agreement